Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wookie Wednesday and a Goodie Recipe

I finally, after saying for months that I was going to, started jotting down all the funny things Micah says!

This Easter Micah's precious Grandma C gave him a set of mini-chicks.  Ever since then, he keeps them inside this jeep, pulling them in and out and making sure they are all in their seats.













The other morning he was playing with his adorable Easter Chicks.  G-G asked him where they were going.  Oh, these peeps were headed on a special trip!

"To Chicken-Play" (Chickfila) he responded.
"To eat some Chicken Nut-Nuts".

OH THE HORROR!  Special trip indeed.

And now for the recipe...

Growing up my Mama frequently made Chess Cake Squares.  I could eat my weight in them.
The other day I ran across a recipe for them, using a lemon cake mix instead of yellow!  Hooda thunk it??


So here's the recipe for Chewy Lemon Chess Cake Squares:
1 lemon cake mix
1 egg
1/2 cup of butter
3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
2 eggs beaten
8 oz cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix together cake mix, egg, butter, Spread into a greased 9by13 in pan. In a separate bowl mix together powdered sugar, beaten eggs, softened cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth, Spread mixture over bottom layer. Bake 30-40 minutes until top layer turns light golden brown.

I cut each square in half because they are really rich...and I don't feel as guilty eating two if they are smaller.  I know, I know.

No comments: