I found a new blog that I *heart* so very much. Its The Rubber Punkin. You will want to check her out for all things creative and crafty!! She decided to share this new concept in the world of Grilled Cheese and I can't wait to try it out. I, too, dread spending the time making one grilled cheese at a time, or dragging out my large breakfast griddle. Not that I'm complaining. So here is her solution to that "woe is me" problem.
Baked Grilled Cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter one side of each piece of bread.
3. Put the buttered side face down onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Slice your cheese and place the cheese onto the unbuttered side of the bread.
5. Put the other half of your sandwich on top of the cheese, the buttered side face up.
6. Sprinkle a SMALL amount of seasoning salt on top.
7. Put in the oven and bake for four minutes.
8. At four minutes, flip the sandwich so it's evenly crispy (my oven may differ from yours. Just make sure it's starting to brown ever so slightly before you flip it).
9. Bake another four minutes.
10. Ding ding ding! Time to eat! This is perfection dipped into hot tomato soup.