Monday, September 6, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Here is our meal list for this week!

1.  (Labor Day Celebration w/ family)  Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, Chips
2.  Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo, Garlic Toast 
     -I love to make this from scratch but this week Paul Newman's Alfredo was on sale cheapo!  I can't  
      make it for that price.)  Mueller's Pasta was also on sale for 34cents.  We but the broccoli in bulk at   
     Sam's Club because we eat so much of it!
3. Robin's Roast, Brown Rice, Green Beans (Robin's Roast recipe at the end of post)
4. Chicken Pot Pie
5.  Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Peas
     -Yes, we are eating this roast two nights this week without a new spin on it...we love it and there are
     tons of leftovers. 
6. Grilled Venison Tenderloins, Homemade Onion Rings, Steamfresh Veggies
7. Leftover Buffet


Let me tell you about Robin's Roast!  My friend Robin cooks the most delicious roast you will ever feast upon.  I on the other hand have never been about to cook one without it turning into beef jerky.  I know folks, "Don't you just put it in the crockpot?"  I hear this from everyone!  Yes, I do put it in my handy dandy crockpot and it turns out dry as a bone...if not drier!!! 

I begged her to teach me.  I was still pessimistic.  But I was so very tired of hearing that my husband grew up eating roast after church almost EVERY Sunday, and it was delicious, and moist, and EASY!!!  Blah Blah Blah.

This is what Robin told me to do.

-Sear roast on both sides in hot non stick pan.
-Place roast of your choosing in dutch oven or large lidded casserole dish.  
(Wait a minute...roast of your choosing?  I had searched the globe for just the right cut of meat!)
-Pour one can of cream of chicken soup over roast, and sprinkle with onion soup mix.
-Scatter sliced onions around edges of roast.
-Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
-Turn down oven to 250 degrees and bake for another 3+ hours or until ready to serve.

Now, I am no roast connoisseur.  This was, however, the best roast I have ever eaten.  I was amazed with myself, and my hubby fell in love with me all over again.  I had redeemed myself after years of feeding him roast failure!  My Mama even started using this recipe!  THANK YOU ROBIN!!!!!  You are my Roast Hero!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

okay, so glad to see this! I'm in your boat with the roast always coming out DRY. I'm am so going to try this this week. Thanks for sharing!!