Friday, November 21, 2008

8 Things

So I picked this idea up from Heather over at Wanting What You Have. She inspires me daily. It sounded like fun!

8 Things I Love
1. Honey Buns (My Granddaddy got me hooked on these at an early age!)
2. HOT Showers (I mean so hot you almost can't stand it) I missed these while I was pregnant.
3. Painting Furniture or anything that stays still long enough.
4. Target
5. Organizing anything. This also includes any form of organization/decorating TV.
6. Wrapping Presents
7. Singing in the shower (I sound good y'all!)
8. Taking pictures

8 Things that give me the Hebbie-Jebbies
1. Staying home alone at night.
2. Bees, Wasps, Yellow Jackets, you get the idea
3. When I wake up and one of our cats is right in my face, staring. (Is she plotting to kill me?)
4. Small children with snotty noses. The kind where you know it needed wiping a long time ago. Sniff Sniff. (I just want to help them blow it!)
5. Dogs I do not know (well I don't know many dogs, but dogs that belong to people I don't know)
6. The drill at the dentist (who likes that one?)
7. I cannot believe I am sharing this one. I have this weird OCD thing that someone is hiding behind the shower curtain when I am peeing. I always look before sitting down, it doesn't matter where I am. If I have been to your house and used the restroom, I have checked behind your shower curtain. You hope it was clean don't you!
8. Restaurant DHR scores. It starts to get hairy for me when they are below 90!

8 Places I have been
1. Washington, DC
2. Savannah, GA
3. Atlanta, GA
4. Calico Rock, AR
5. Chattanooga, TN
6. Ellisville, MS
7. Tybee Island, GA
8. Myrtle Beach, SC
I don't get out of Georgia that much!

8 Random Facts about me:
1. I used to be a clogger! Yehaw!
2. I love mayo...on anything.
3. I bite my fingernails....horrifically into the quick, gross I know.
4. I miss teaching sometimes.
5. I have always had a cat and I can name all of them for you.
6. I hate to wear socks or shoes.
7. I once had an imaginary friend named Jenny. Then I went to the beach with my parents and met a real life Jenny and didn't need her anymore.
8. I secretly played Barbies until I was in the 8th grade! I would do anything now for a little Barbie time.

8 TV Shows I love:
1. The Office. Many quotes I don't feel like sharing because Michael makes me so very uncomfortable. " "I'm an early bird and I'm a night owl, so I'm wise and have worms."
- Michael
2. Office Re-runs My fav. is the one where Dwight kills Angela's, puts the cat into her freezer to preserve its body, BUT it isn't dead and it claws into her bag of frozen french fries.
3. Grey's Anatomy...but it is about to get scratched off this list due to the recent raunch-factor. We find ourselves having to fast forward through too much.
4. Dawson's Creek. I loved this show, sad I know.
5. Ellen. This one I Tivo and flip through just for her web videos alone.
6. Design on a Dime, Decorating Cents, anything that shows people with an insane amount of clutter being helped.
7. Tabitha's Salon Takeover (She is a KILLER)
8. America's Funniest Home Videos (I love watching cute babies and people doing stupid things that almost get them hurt or killed.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, laughing so hard right now!

I too played Barbies in secret until junior high. I hope my daughters do too. I want them to stay young as long as possible!

I agree with all of your loves except wrapping presents. I'm terrible at that, so I leave it to my artistic husband. Just like the sewing!

Also, I've had at least one cat (sometimes 2 or 3) since the second grade. I think cats are the perfect pets. I too hate shoes and socks, but I wear them because my feet are so ugly, I don't want to scare anyone.

P.S. I posted about Aldi today just for you!