Saturday, December 13, 2008

These Are A Few of My Favorite (Christmas) Things

I have been meaning to share a little bit of our Christmas here with you. This Christmas is very special, because it is our first with Wook! I love watching his little eyes light up every time we plug in the tree. DH and I chat about keeping our minds on the real reason we celebrate Christmas. I am so thankful that God sent his only son that day, to live on this earth, live a perfect life, and then die for us, so that we may be forgiven for our sins and one day spend eternity with Him. Having a son of my own has really laid on my heart what a HUGE gift that truly is. Huge does not even begin to describe it. I love spending time with family this time of year, even with the chaos and traveling from here to there. My favorite place to be this time of year is here at home. Here are a few of my favorite Christmas "things".


This is the Nativity scene my Granny gave us our first Christmas married. I think it is absolutely beautiful in its simplicity. (Please excuse the baby lotion bottle.)


Our tree ("hidden" in the dining room this year for the Wookie's safety sake)


Of course our tree would not be complete without it paying homage to DH's alma mater Georgia Tech!

My parents passed this ornament on to me when I moved out on my own. It is one that we had on our tree for as long as I can remember.


A new one this year!



This is one of the ornaments DH's lovely Grandmother paints each year and shares with friends and family.

What cat lover doesn't love an adorable kitty ornament! (not cat lover as in "crazy old lady with 81 cats and 13 litter boxes")


And what Christmas would be complete without "A Christmas Story" wrapping paper. DH and I found it last year at Wally-World and being our hoarding selves, we bought enough rolls for this year too!

Here is my favorite "Snowbabies" piece. I have collected them since I was a little girl. DH gave me this one last Christmas!


I love rustic looking snowmen or uh families!


My yummy Santa tart warmer.

And last but certainly not least...........

Reindeer Bax! And we didn't even have to bribe him with treats to get him to do this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures! You have some very cute Christmas decorations, and a very cute reindeer cat. My kids loved the picture of him. He's a very good sport - I can't imagine Pumpkin allowing us to do that to him :)

momstheword said...

Your tree is very pretty. I remember the first year our oldest son was old enough to help decorate the tree. I loved watching him and listening to his toddler-talk!

momstheword said...

I hope you all had a blessed Christmas with your precious little one!