Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Frugal Friday....Baby Spoon Art Preview

On The Wook's first birthday...my lovely mother in law gave him this:


That is no ordinary spoon folks. That is the baby spoon my hubby's Grandma C gave him when he was born. My MIL sent it with a special note so that Grandma C could give it to Wookie for his birthday. I love special sentimental things like this! They make me all teary eyed and I go on about them forever!

I have been trying to figure out a really fun, creative way to keep and display this special spoon.
So I was just minding my own business, taking a looky-loo, over at The Nester's one day (well minding her business I guess) and came across her idea of framing a shrimp fork! Check out her other creative ideas here if you are not already an addict, I mean follower.

I took my time on this one. I knew it would come to me. Who knew I would find this little treasure WEEKS later a yard sale in Arkansas with hubby's darling Granny:


And for 25 cents who could pass it up?



Then I took that as a sign to get going with this spoon project thingy, so I promptly packed it up and headed to Michael's. Where I found the pretty scrapbook paper (50 cents) and ribbon (50 cents). That's the least I have ever spent in Michael's!


The Wookster's G-Mommy and Pop gave him his own keepsake spoon and fork set at his birthday party too!

So being the smarty pants that I am, I will be using all these very special utensils for a little grouping. Now I love a good grouping!!!! Yes, I bought enough scrapbook paper and ribbon for The Wook's spoon set too. Now if I can just come across another one of those oval frames. I guess it doesn't have to be oval and hopefully I don't have to go all the way to Arkansas to get it!

Well I am getting ahead of myself. Here's what I am working with and I hope to have DH's spoon frame complete by Friday.

No comments: