Monday, March 8, 2010

Laundry Room Makeover (OAP Challenge) Part One

So I talked all about the OAP (Organization Accountability Partners) Challenge in this post.  We chose to start with our Laundry Rooms/Spaces.

Here is the down and dirty on my (Jess') laundry room!

You walk through our laundry room from the garage.  I rarely allowed guests to come through this way because of our previous litter box.  Long story short...we found new homes for our cats (they moved out together and are now living on a farm) and therefore the litter boxes were burned no longer needed.

As you enter from the garage, you pass the washer and dryer and then walk into our kitchen.  I am grateful for this space but it is small.  It is not my dream laundry room, but it is what it is and I have decided to make the most of it this month.

The walls are Kilz Balsam Beige and I have decided to go with a beige, black, and white color scheme.
We have painted since I did the tour of my home on here so I will just show the most recent pics.
 These are the builder installed shelves that I can't stand.   I am hoping the cabinet fairy will bring me some dirt cheap tear out cabinets that need a little love before being installed.  Just sayin'!

 
  

As you can see in the pictures, the paint job was incomplete.  Well, I finished that up this weekend after my hubby moved the washing machine and dryer.  That was a job that was LONG overdue!!!!  I dusted, mopped, and finished the paint job before he moved everything back.   Part One...finish paint job is complete.

No comments: