Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Red Shirt Makeover

I will be sharing this at Crystal and Co.

I double HATE when my washing machine does this:



You know the little kit that comes with shirts like this?  Those should always be a warning to me.
Example:
Dear consumer,
THIS GARMENT IS GOING TO TEAR UP IN YOUR WASHING MACHINE.  YOU AND YOUR CHEWED FINGERNAILS WILL HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO SEW BACK ON THESE TEENY TINY BEADS BEFORE YOU DROP THEM ALL ON THE FLOOR AND YOUR TODDLER TRIES TO EAT THEM. YOU WILL GET HALF WAY THROUGH IT AND WANT TO CURSE.  Just a warning.
Love,
Your "just in case" repair kit

I don't do the repairs partially because I can't ever find the kits.  I like to organize things that have a place folks.

So, I got angry crafty and I got out my seam ripper, and I pulled every one of the teeny tiny beads, that the washing machine didn't eat, right off!  And it felt good.

I kept the big beads, and I got my hands on some pretty ribbon.  Black, because I wear a lot of it.

Ta-Da!  New Shirt

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm going to start calling you Martha Stewart...look at those skills! You never cease to amaze me with your craftiness! It looks AWESOME..I'll be calling you next time my shirt falls apart!

Mary said...

I agree! And I think the shirt that you made is WAY cuter than the original ! I love it!!!