Sunday, November 14, 2010

Dining Room to Play Room Transformation

Here is a picture of my Dining Room.

I loved how this space looked.  I didn't love that it never got used.  Who wants to feed a toddler on carpet and white upholstered chairs (that you can't afford to recover).  Not me, so much.

Seriously, we ate in here a couple times a year.  It was also a much too convenient place to keep my laptop plugged in so I could "quickly" check email, blogs, coupon sites etc. 

Our home is just right for us...but I need to make use of every single inch of it!

So, we decided to turn it into a playroom. 

It is still a work in progress...but I love that it gets used so much!  We do school time in here some days, and Wook loves to play in here and still be close to where all the action is.

Our old dining room hutch makes a great place to store toy bins!!!
The coffee table was my parents from a LONG time ago.  It has quite a few love marks, so I don't get upset when it gets "loved" on by Wook.  The middle piece slides open and closed and houses puzzles.  The bulletin boards have come in really handy for posting Wook's favorite crafties!
I don't even care that it is the first thing you see when you walk in our front door...toys strewn about and all.  It is a PLAY ROOM.  That's what it's for. :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

love the bulletin boards! i'm going to steal that idea!!

Jessica said...

love the bulletin boards! i'm going to steal that idea!!