Sunday, November 14, 2010

Whatever You Want To Call Them

So my hubby introduced me to "Egg In Toast" when we first got married.
I thought they were fabulous!  Having them for dinner...genius!

I ran across a pic of them on a recipe blog the other day and they were called "Peek-A-Boo" eggs.  This is a much more appropriate name when feeding them to a toddler.

Here's a pic of ours...not the fanciest dinner but super yummy when served with fruit!


I just cut a hole in the bread.  You can use any shape cookie cutter, or just use a glass, like me.
I then place the bread on a greased griddle or frying pan.
Crack and egg into the middle of each piece.
Fry it up, and flip when it is cooked to your liking.
I then cover it with the toasted circles I previously cut...ya know, for the Peek-A-Boo part.

Well, I don't care what you want to call them.  The make an easy and pleasing dinner for my guys!

No comments: