Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Fat Free Pumpkin Brownies

Ok, before you move on to the next blog...this has nothing to do with Thanksgiving leftovers. These are part of the weening process for me.

You see the hubby and I become addicted to late night snacking between November and January every year. We both plow into all the leftover Thanksgiving goodies, goodies his vendors bribe him with at work that he brings home, goodies I make around Christmas, and then the post Christmas buffet. Cookies, bars, cakes, pies, chocolate covered popcorn, candy, Lindt chocolates to be exact. Come January, he hits the gym and I hit a closet full of clothes that are a bit too tight.

Anyways I ate these brownies when I did WW and they helped satisfy my late night cravings. I'm not giving up my glass of milk though. Don't get me wrong they are not regular brownies but with a few nuts, a little fat free cool whip and taking small bites, they come close.

What you will need:
1 box of "No Pudge" fat free brownie mix (I can only find it at Kroger here...see pic below)
( The box will tell you to use yogurt.... forget the directions on the box)
1 can of pure pumpkin puree


Stir together the 2 above ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
Pour into a greased 8x8 pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 34 minutes. The texture will still be little soft.
We top ours with finely chopped nuts and ff cool whip and we keep them in the fridge.

I hope this helps any of you who are still fighting the post Christms sweets war!

No comments: